The best, tastiest, and by far the easiest cheesecake recipe i have ever made! I loved the fact that I could get up before work and make this recipe. Through Pinterest, of course, i followed this recipe to Cates World Kitchen and began my journey. To seal the deal, even my dear husband, who does not like dessert, LOVED the dessert - definitely a keeper in my book!
|I love getting all my mise en place together before I cook. F.Y.I. mise en place means "putting in place." So i gather all my ingredients first so that i am not running around the kitchen in a panic because I forget to put the eggs at room temperature!|
|And as the french say "Magnifique"|
Ok, so below are the directions I followed. Definitely give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 22 Oreos: 16 left whole, and 6 coarsely chopped
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel is fine)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Line 12 standard muffin tins and 4 ramekins (or 16 muffin tins, if you have them) with paper liners.
- Place 1 whole Oreo in the bottom of each lined cup.
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium. Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the sour cream and salt.
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tins, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, 22-25 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for about 15 minutes, on a wire rack, then transfer to a plate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.